Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken

This is not my recipe, its one I got from the cookbook "101 Things to do with a Slow Cooker" which I love.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope of italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup water
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of mushroom pieces

Grease slow cooker and place chicken inside. Combine salad dressing mix and water, pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high 3 hours. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook 2 hours longer on high, or until chicken juices run clear.

Server over hot noodles or rice.

*I make this for just Steve and I. I only use 2 chicken breasts. (Now I realize why it was extra Italian-y, I need to cut that back too, duh.) I omit the mushrooms, because we don't like them. After I've added the cream cheese mixture it really doesn't need 2 more hours, because the chicken is already cooked from the first 3 hours, just let it heat through. I also shred the chicken before I take it out of the slow cooker. I think it goes further.

1 comment:

AdaMandy said...

I'm glad you posted this. I've been meaning to try this, and I forgot all about it. Thanks!