Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Gandolfo's Chocolate Cake

Recipe:
1 Devil’s Food box cake mix
2 chocolate instant pudding packages, the smaller packages: 3.9 oz (1 for the cake, 1 for the topping)
3 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
3/4 cup water
1 cup sour cream (I used Daisy brand light)
Cool Whip, 8 oz container
2 cups cold chocolate milk (use vitamin D)

Mix the cake mix, 1 pudding package, eggs, oil, water, and sour cream in a medium bowl with a hand mixer. Mix at high speed for 2 minutes until it is smooth and combined. Pour batter into a 9x13 inch baking pan. I like to use one of these, so I can cover and refrigerate the finished product with ease. Smooth batter evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. When toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Preparation for topping: With the wire whip attachment of your hand mixer, mix 1 pudding package, 2 cups cold chocolate milk. Whip for 2 minutes. Now whip in Cool-Whip. Whip until Cool-Whip is all combined and there are no traces of it.
When cake is cooled, pour your moussey pudding over the cake. Smooth evenly with a rubber scraper. You could serve the cake right now, but I like to refrigerate mine for at least a 1/2 hour before serving. Any leftovers must be refrigerated. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

you got this from the recipe blog! haha i was just thinking i wanted to make this asap!

Katrina said...

Made it- loved it.

Stephanie said...

I have made this multiple times, and each time, I get raving reviews! Thanks for sharing!

Mary Shimek Adams said...

I must have done somehow wrong…this did not turn out right for me.