For those of you who have seen the movie "Julie and Julia" there is a scene where she makes a garlic toast with tomato salsa dinner. Every time I watch the movie I want to eat it. I did a little digging online and I came up with this. Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks.
Bruschetta alla Julie and Julia – Recipe
4 slices of french bread
16 oz. assorted heirloom type tomatoes; Cherry tomatoes work best. Chop and seed them.
Extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
Chopped fresh basil
1. Toss tomatoes with 1 T. olive oil and about 1 tsp. sea salt.
2. Fry bread in 2-3 T. butter or olive oil in skillet, browning on each side.
3. Rub cut half of garlic over 1 side of fried bread.
4. Spoon tomatoes (with oil and accumulated juices) over bread. Top with chopped basil and more sea salt to taste.
5. Eat with plenty of napkins on hand.