Friday, July 23, 2010

Meat Loaf #2

Laurel had these two Meat Loaf recipes. We both tried one last Tuesday and compared notes. Not being a trained Culinary expert- I followed my recipe. Only thing I did was add more cheese (who doesnt want more cheese?) I liked it fairly well. I liked that they were mini loaves for each person. Steve LOVED them. (Honestly, out of the 8 loaves, I only ate 1- I'm just not crazy about ground beef.) He said I could add it to the menu rotation. I think next time I make them I'll add some of La's changes and mix and match the recipes to make yummy little meat loaves.


Ingredients

  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 2/3 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, cheese, oats and salt. Add the ground beef, mixing well, and form this mixture into eight miniature meatloaves. Place these in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Stir thoroughly and spread over each meatloaf.
  4. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.

No comments: