Monday, March 24, 2014

Easy cordon blue

This recipe is on Mel's kitchen cafe. I haven't tried the white sauce recipe she has with it. Check out her website to make it. 
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2011/06/chicken-cordon-bleu-the-easy-way.html

This was one of my freezer meals I made when prepping for the baby being born. So easy to throw together! Already had everything on hand and now I've got a great meal in the freezer waiting to be cooked up!  

2 chicken breast, cut in half so you have 4 thin slices of whole breasts
Ham slices
Swiss slices or any white cheese, I used shredded mozzarella 
1 cup bread crumbs, I blended up a bunch of frozen heels of leftover bread I saved. 
2 T melted butter 

Lay out your chicken in a grease 8x8 pan. Layer on your choice of cheese. Cover the Cheese with ham slices.
Mix melted butter and bread crumbs together. Cover over the top of the ham. 
Bake 350 for 30-35 minutes. 

No comments: