Monday, March 3, 2014

Coconut oil

Here is a post from Mel I found helpful and it was a big factor in converting me to use coconut oil. 
Along with the coconut cinnamon muffins I posted with this. 

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2013/10/coconut-oil.html

If that doesn't convert you try it:

Toasting some bread, spread on some coconut oil and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top. Or honey would be good. 

Make rice crispy treats with the coconut oil instead of butter. Wow!!! I added a couple heaping TBS of oil to a bag of mini mallows, melted and added in cereal. It tastes amazing!! I won't go back to butter. 

I also love to use it for frying. The best I've had so far was chicken dipped in egg and breaded in a mix of panko crumbs, garlic, onion, s&p. It made the chicken so crispy and flavorful!! Wow. Delish! Serve it with your favorite sauce. Sweet sour, wingers copy cat. Or dice over a salad (my favorite) 

No comments: