Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sticky Chicken (sweet n' sour)

4 boneless chicken breasts sliced into tenders
onion pwd and salt for seasoning
1-2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. cornstarch
2 TB oil
1/4 c. water
1/2 tsp. salt
pinch black pepper
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. white vinegar
4 Tsp. ketchup
1 TB soy sauce

Season chicken with onion pwd and salt. Combine flour and cornstarch in a bowl. Beat Eggs in a separate bowl. First dip chicken in egg and then flour cornstarch mixture. Fry in frying pan with the 2 TB oil until browned. Lay in greased casserole dish. Combine rest of ingredients to make sauce. Pour over the chicken. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour, basting (rotating every so often so the chicken can be fully coated) When done, juices should be thick and bubbly. 


this is from school, it's one of the favorites served over white rice or ham fried rice it's awesome!! 

2 comments:

Judy said...

This sounds yummy. I think I will try it tonight. And I will look for those recipes you want.

AdaMandy said...

So I tried this and loved it! I was pleasantly surprised it turned out so good with me cooking it. Thanks La!