Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

I'm a Pie freak! Trav is sick of sweet pies so I've moved on to Chicken!!
I went to the store and bought myself another pie pan, 8 mini pie pans, and a (silicone) pie crust measuring mat! Hurray!!!
This recipe is something I created. I don't really know what I did.

2 Boiled Chicken breasts
carrot
celery
onion
1 handful peas
1 handful corn
1/2 stick butter
1/8 cup flour
1 bullion cube mixed in with 1/4 cup hot water
1 cup heavy cream
pinch garlic pwd
pinch sage
pinch salt
pinch white pepper
2 shakes chalua sauce-- the secret ingredient to all delicious foods. Learned that from the chef at my work.
1 shake worcestershire sauce-- same as above.

Mince the carrot, celery, and onion. ((Probably a handful of all three minced all together. )) Boil the Chicken and dice it in small pieces. Melt the butter and saute the minced veggies until tender. Add the flour and cook for 1 min. Whisk in the Cream and stir until thickened. Add the chicken stock. Mix in Chicken, Peas, and corn. Season with Garlic, Salt, W. Pepper, Sage, Chalua, and Worcestershire. Cook until all is up to temperature. Add into your pie crusts. Bake 400 for 20 min for the mini pies or a full pie 30-40. You just need to cook the crust the filling is already cooked. IT IS SO DELICIOUS!!

No comments: