I get recipes from the Food Network on my homepage, this one I gave a try. It was tasty! I had to tweak it a little, to use what I had on hand. They called it a Salad, but we found it most enjoyable eaten with tortilla chips.
- 2 cans black beans, drained, about 30 ounces
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch ground cumin
Refridgerate for one hour before serving.
- I changed it up a little by using Apple Cider Vinegar (what I had).
- I added the juice of the whole lime
- I didnt have a jalapeno, but I think it would be tasty with a little fire.
- I added extra cilantro, because again, i like it.
- I omitted the green onion, and just used a tiny bit of yellow onion instead of the red. (what i had)
- I only used one tomato (steve's not such a fan)
- I only used a little bit of pepper, green and red.
- I used one can of black beans, and one of kidney. This was an accident, i didnt read the label, but it was tasty all the same.
So you can see, you can tweak this to your own liking. :)